Season: Autumn 17 and onwards
Autumn marks the end of a cycle. It’s been great…The grass isn’t growing as fast anymore. The trees are starting to turn [gold and] brown…Leaves are falling, and fall means leaving. As a parent, you don’t know what [your child] will face but you hope that you’ve prepared [your child]. Autumn is time of transition from the faith of their parents to their own faith…It’s what’s left when the winds [of life] start to blow…Sickness and setbacks may stalk them; doubts and disappointments may dog them; failure and faltering may follow them… [pp. 23-24]
[But] claim your promise from One who stays with them when they leave you. [p. 24]
Words of Wisdom (Luke 10:25-28, Ephesians 4:1-32, 5:2, 6:10-20,23-24, John 1:1-3, 10-13, Romans 8:31-38)
- During the fall season, the question, “How?” is supreme. Show them how to love God and others!
- How to walk worthy of the calling God has placed on their life…Walk in love as Christ loved us….)
- How to speak words of life that help to build others up and meet their needs.
- How to be a kind, tenderhearted, forgiving, child of God.
- Remember, self must die but God’s designed people to experience a new birth into spiritual as well as physical adulthood. Those who become children of God and believe in His name are “born, not of the flesh, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. For God so loved the world [including you and your children], that He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. [John 3:6-7, 16].
Children grow up and may leave home, but nothing shall separate us from the Love of God